Gatehouse Design can help make-to-stock (MTS) companies develop new opportunities, reduce time and cost;
- New product development, developing strong well-structured standards.
- Incremental product development, improving the efficiency of a product or manufacturing process. Improvement of existing product definitions which can help secure new customers or manufacturing processes.
- Modular documentation can reduce time to support specific customer needs
- Documentation configuration used to select documentation packages reducing time and cost.
Also known as build-to-stock (BTS), is a build-ahead production approach in which production plans use sales forecasts and/or historical demand.
New product development
We can help companies develop new products or modify existing products to suit new markets. Our engineers can help you at every phase of new product development from concept, evaluation, detailing, production and securing new intellectual property.
Incremental product development
Using your existing product, we can help extend or modify the product to extend market share or to develop new market opportunities. We can also help modify products to suit new manufacturing processes or make improvements which can save time or cost.
Make-to-stock products may have few variants. However, specific documentation may be required by customers or markets. For example, documents in different languages. Modular documentation can be used to simplify the production of documentation, streamlining the order fulfilment process. Modular documentation may consist of complete documents or modular content.
Where the management of documents requires considerable time, a document configurator may be used. The document configurator creates or collates documents based on user selections. Documents may include commercial documents such as invoices, transport notes, technical manuals and instructions, compliance certification, product guarantees, export documentation and much more.
We understand that it is essential to reduce cost in your make-to-stock business. Gatehouse Design dedicates time to helping companies make lean improvements. Furthermore, we can help by reducing waste in the following areas;
- – Reduce unnecessary movement of information
- – Have just one source of information
- – Reduce unnecessary business processes
- – Ensure information is available immediately
- – Produce only the information required
- – Provide information only when it is required
- – Remove defects from the source
- – Deliver quality information to anyone authorised to get it